Watch the Natursutten Story
NATURSUTTEN is made ecologically sustainable from pure natural rubber from the tree Hevea brasiliensis. The design, the company and the idea is Danish and our product is manufactured exclusively in Italy.
The protein that on rare occasions can provoke a latex allergy is eliminated during production.
All NATURSUTTEN pacifiers are certified to conform to the European Union (EU) directive concerned with safety, health and environment. (Pacifier Safety requirements by European standard EN 1400).
With a NATURSUTTEN pacifier, you avoid:
- Allergy causing substances
- Artificial color
- Cancer causing substances
- Hormone disturbing substances
- Chemical softeners
- Parabens, PVC and phthalates
NATURSUTTEN pacifiers are softer than silicone, and are very hygienic because they are molded in one piece without joints or cracks where dirt and bacteria can accumulate.
The original NATURSUTTEN is sold only by EcoBaby in Denmark, and through selected distributors around the world.
Natural Rubber Production
Growing natural rubber involves many steps, and numerous scientific disciplines to be merged together to provide a cohesive operation and plan.
Planting: Seeds are planted and grow for between 12-18 months before being suitable for grafting, after which they are removed from a nursery environment and planted on a plantation. The bud quickly grows but the tree must be left to mature for between 6-7 years.
Tapping: Harvesters shave off a bit of bark, and then notch a line in the revealed bark to a depth of about 1/3” deep. The milky white liquid, latex, drips from the cut vessels, and then flows down the barkless patch, where it is collected, typically in a cut mounted to the tree. This tapping continues on alternating days, with new patches being cut just below the prior one, until the tapping is about a foot from the base of the tree. Once that side of the tree is tapped out, a repeat effort is done on the other side of the tree.
Sustainability is an environmental, social and economic concept that involves meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
At NATURSUTTEN we know that being an efficient and profitable business and being a good steward of the environment are goals that can work together.
- Our environmental goals are very simple:
- To protect and preserve the plantages that source our raw material
- To design and manufacture products that sustain people and the environment
- To be supplied 100 percent by renewable energy
- To create zero waste
- To reduce our carbon footprints
Sustainability is important to making sure that we have and will continue to have, the water, materials, and resources to protect human health and our environment. At EcoBaby we try our very best and urge our partners to du the same.
Malaysian Rubber Board
Rubber plantages in Malaysia are all owned and run by the government,and controlled by institution named The Malaysian Rubber Board.
We at NATURSUTTEN care about sustainability and fair trade.
Through the Malaysian Rubber Board, we pay a percentage of the money we spend on natural rubber sap back to the board, to support and urge a sustainable industry. The money we pay back are used for replanting rubber trees and invest in research & development to ensure a sustainable future for the rubber plantages in Malaysia.
Waste and Recycling
With this document Natursutten ApS declares that we comply with the following standards:
Waste and recycling
Natursutten ApS ensures that:
- Waste, including recyclable waste, is separated according to the regulations of the Danish environmental authorities for recovery or disposal at authorised treatment facilities.
- Hazardous waste is labelled, stored and disposed of, as instructed by the authorities, at environmentally approved receiving facilities.
Natursutten ApS is aware of and respects the requirements for separating, recycling and disposing of waste, as expressed in the Danish Environmental Protection Act, Act No. 753 of 25 August 2001.
The Danish legislation is in accordance with EU directive 75/442/EEC of 15 July 1975 on waste, EU directive 91/689/EEC of 12 December 1991 on hazardous waste, EU regulation 259/93/EEC of 1 February 1993 on the supervision and control of shipments of waste within, into and out of the European Community as well as the Basel Convention on transboundary movements of waste.
Minimisation of packaging
Natursutten ApS ensures that:
- We have minimised the use of packaging to the extent possible.
- Natursutten ApS is aware of and observes the Danish environmental requirements for the company’s packaging, as expressed in the Danish legislation in statutory order No 298 of 30 April 1997 regarding certain requirements for packaging.
- The Danish legislation is in accordance with EU directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste. The Danish Environmental Protection Agency supervises that packaging sold in Denmark lives up to the Danish environmental requirements.